On Hold.

Highclere Castle :) aka Season 5 of Downton Abbey is currently playing on PBS!

Proverbs 2:1-5
"My son, if you receive my words and treasure up my commandments with you, 
making your ear attentive to wisdom and inclining your heart to understanding; 
yes, if you call out for insight and raise your voice for understanding, 
if you seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures, 
then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God."



As I sit here trapped under my covers, gratefully I might add, I must say: rarely am I awake AND cognitive at such an hour(written at 3 in the morning...whoops).  But tonight was just beautiful.  I watched a Netflix Lifetime segment of the William and Kate(cheesy I know...) and afterwards, I crawled out of bed for a spare moment.  I pushed the window up and out of its comfortable ledge, and I took in the night.  It was pretty chilly, and I could still hear the good times and late night bantering.  It was refreshing to hear the people, to be on a campus when night life doesn't truly end till daytime.  
The yellow glow of the lights basked the pavement with smiles and it was just a pretty moment.
I grabbed a basket of strawberries and just indulged my lips and mind into something refreshing, a happy moment.

Lifetime doc. = kind of adorable


And despite how great that moment was, I still felt the need to be with the voices, to put down the strawberries and gather with the crowd poised on the back of cater hall(I have an amazing view from our dorm).  I wasn't COMPLETELY content on just observing... To be honest I never have been much of a wallflower, but that's not really what I'm getting at.

this
small
little 
fear of missing out
crept into me.


It's never really bothered me until I got to college.  Time keeps ticking, people keep peeping, and events and nights are never ending.  The world never stops.
Not only do I forget that it is really O.K. if I stop, but something doesn't feel right when I do.
I honestly get petrified that I'm missing out on the next big show.
I feel late and unworthy to even attend.
How pathetic is that??




The world might still be turning, but that doesn't mean I can't take a water break from the dance of life.  If anything, God cherishes these moments.  He needs us to slow down long enough to seek his direction.  It's there for the taking.

Even though Peter was reluctant to throw the net back out, he did.  He listened to Jesus, and in turn, Peter was used in a magnificent way.  
Even though if took an actual burning bush, Moses listened to the Lord(and obeyed!) in respect to saving God's people.  And even though Mary was used as a vessel to birth Christ, she listened and took part in God's beautiful plan.

Just listen. :)

Hold on.
and put the world
on hold.

The Fear of Missing Out <FOMO> shouldn't even be an option when it comes to fulfilling God's plan. He has so SO much in store for us, and sometimes that includes a moment to take a breath and take in all of His beauty and His beautiful people. Pray for love,
and ask for His direction in all things.
And then listen.

Proverbs 3:4-5
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths."





Psalm 46:10
He says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."


Stay Warm!
Lots of Love,
ac




Comments

Popular Posts