I'm Starving!

Hey you guys!!
Today it's all about the food :) I mean why not!?
Spring break is right around the corner, but that doesn't quite mean I'm going on a 0 calorie diet!?
So lets do this!!!

John 6:46-48
"Not that anyone has seen the Father, except He who is from God;
He has seen the Father.  Most assuredly, I say to you,
he who believes in Me has everlasting life. I am the bread of life."

The girl on the left, Becca, cracks me up in this picture... :)

Ok go with me for just a second!
Picture this:You have just brushed your teeth and pulled on your favorite pair of pink fuzzy socks(or maybe camo fuzzy socks for all you guys?), and you just can't wait to climb into your pillow heaven that has long awaited your tired arrival all day.  You hop into the cold, foreboading sheets of valiant dreams and fire-blazing dragons, or maybe you gracefully lie down into the pale pink promises of a perfect knight in shining armor that may or may not resemble Ryan Gosling, Channing Tatum, Eddie Redmayne, or Jamie Campbell Bower(your pick)!?
^^^
if you didn't follow that ramble: you get in bed.
and you realize...
that you are just TOTALLY STARVING???


Well you know as well as I do, that there is no way on this planet that you're going to digest a fourth meal really quick.... because as my grandmother always reminds me:
You NEVER eat right before bed. You are suppose to eat before 8 o'clock &/or 3 hours before your head hits the pillow.
*plus you just got comfortable and brushed your teeth?


But it's annoying, and it's so hard to sleep when your stomach is SO awake that it starts to twist and turn and cry to be fed(LOL at how dramatic I'm making this...)
I wish everyday looked like this one.


Well anyway, this happened to me one night this week, and It got me thinking.  That night, I didn't JUST want like a giant bowl of soup with a couple of grilled cheese slices on the side(one of my FAVORITE MEALS FYI), I wanted something more!! My body craved substance, but so did my mind and soul.  I was SO hungry!!!  So many times I open a devotional(I'm actually obsessed with these....) or somehow encountered a tid bit of Biblical knowledge(e.g. a blog, verses on pinterest, listening to Kari Jobe: or some combination) during the day or right before bed as a way to fulfill the whole "daily devotion" thing.  And those things are great!!!(don't get me wrong), but they are like fun little snacks.  They keep you on your toes for a little while, but they won't keep you on point all day, everyday.  I was craving a real encounter with God, I wanted so desperately to just open my Bible and have a chat with the Lord.  I wanted scripture: the raw, bear-back of Christianity in my hands, on my lap, in my heart.
I was STARVING :)

John 6:35
Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life.
Whoever comes to me will never go hungry,
and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.:

"Whoever comes to me will never go hungry."
- Jesus

Whoever
Comes.
To.
Me.

You have to go to God. You have to be the one, (I have to be the one!), to make a conscious effort to pull out my Bible and dive into the meals God has already prepared for me.

I threw a engagement party....Downton Abbey style!!! ;)
Congrats Kirsten!!! xoxoxoxo


Isn't that cool! Jesus is the Bread of Life.
The all-inclusive: gluten-free, wheat, white, french, poppyseed, sourdough...
Dude. He is it.  He is the bread of life for everybody out there.
He fills us up like nobody can- like nothing can.
No friend, no TV show, no joy ride can fill my heart like the Lord does.
I mean... He is my joy ride!
My relationship with Him is a literal roller-coaster.  I have good days and bad days, confused days and grateful days, and in the end I'll be able to lay all of it at the Lords feet and know that my labor was not in vain.  And I crave Him! It is He that gives me life and energy to hop aboard such a beautiful roller coaster day in and day out. ;)

Psalm 127:1
"...Unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain..."

John 6:63
"The Sprit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing..."


Have the best night ever :) 
and stay hungry!!(for His Word :)
no diets for you!!!!
Yours Truly & lots (& lots & lots!) of Love,
ac









Comments

Popular Posts