Jesus Loves Me


Hey loyal readers. 
You are so loved.
By me, since you read my blog,
(just kidding)
& most importantly,
BY God!!


So, this weekend I spent most of my time curled up at my quiet host home. I did happen to run into Joy Williams- which was a TOTAL DREAM COME TRUE, but I also watched three movies in a row on Saturday.  I'm normally a social bird, but it was all I was capable of after such a hard week of school. 

Now, let's glance at a song really quick- 

"Jesus love me this I know, 
for the Bible tells me so. 
Little ones to him belong. 
We are weak but He is strong." 

I know you can hear the 19th century tune by Anna Warner and William Bradbury roll around inside your mind like a car rolls into a designated spot at work, breathing in the familiar smell of coffee in the morning. 
(Everything relates back to coffee here in Nashville.)

BUT- You know what's completely insane!?! It took me transferring away from the bulk of my friends and family at age 20 to realize just how loved I am. 

Okay, I can believe that Jesus loves me. But really knowing and feeling his love. That is a different story entirely... 

 No man or woman, friend or foe, well definitely not foe!?....could love me the way he does. He always has my best interest at heart, and he calls me family. Like family enough, that he has a place set up for me in Heaven, and I don't have to worry about anybody steeling-my-seat!? #Ben ;)

The Lord taught me a lesson so sacred to me this weekend, I would have transferred colleges just for this one, single lesson: I am loved. I believed that yes, but I never understood that until God took me away from everyone whom I tried to please on a daily basis, who I looked to for comfort, and who I looked to for validity of my individual person. 

Thank you Jesus for being my ultimate teacher. 

Psalm 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.


Love, Love, 
Love,

AC






Comments

Popular Posts