Surprise!

Hey you guys! Happy Thursday Night.  I am in the best mood- So I figured I might as well take advantage of that and write up a post.  I hope to leak as must enthusiasm, hope, and love into this post as possible.  (On a side note: thank you to all the DYW girls and staff who threw me a surprise party! :) Y'all rock and thank you for the dedication, the letters, and all of the encouragement!  I am already carrying away the best memories just because y’all are such beautiful and amazing people- and I mean it!  It wouldn’t have been the same without y'all :)  It’s been way better than the stressed out mood I have continually found myself in for a good part of the week...
DYW girls!! :)
It was pink :)

I had my very last voice lesson today before I leave for the state Junior Miss/DYW.  I will be singing I Dreamed A Dream from the production Les Mis(which I love!), but anyway I found myself wondering what exactly did I want to convey to the audience on this go round of the program.  When I’m on that stage, I get to have the audience all to my self for a brief moment, and I get to tell a story. I get 90 seconds to impact the lives of my audience.

90 second lyrics: 

I dreamed a dream in days gone by 
when hope was high and life worth living
I dreamed that love would never die
I dreamed that God would be forgiving

But the tigers come at night 
with their voices soft as thunder 
As they tear your hope apart 
as they turn your dreams to shame

I had a dream that life would be 
so different from this life I’m living 
so different now from what it seems
now life has killed the dream I dreamed 

Those words are heavy.  Life isn’t fair.  The tears come and our hearts twist and turn with anxiety, fear, and loneliness.  People die, people suffer, and people hurt.  Life becomes overbearing, confusing, unjust, and unnecessarily complicated.  Life begs for our attention at every wake and turn, and it’s exhausting.  But life (with all of its tigers) becomes bearable once you lay down your dreams at God’s feet- when we give God our futures and life-plans.
Why on earth would I want to lay MY dreams at the feet of someone whose face I have never even seen?  Because as awesome as my life plan is- I mean I’ll go out make a few records as the third member of the Civil Wars, hop in a few movies with Lilly Collins and Jamie Campbell Bower, continually travel to Paris, New York City, and London on the weekends, and marry a Prince-... well God knows what is best for me personally.  This world is unjust, but God is just and always will be.  He wants the best for us, and even if we can’t understand that now, he created us, and we are his children.  He loves us.  And if (ya know) creating a whole universe and the entirety of humanity with all of its complexity, he loved us first.  We did absolutely nothing to earn his love, but he loved us anyway :) What do I wish to convey, life may throw us curve ball after curve ball(and it SURE does look like that pitcher is trying to hit US with difficulty and anger wrapped up in flaming speed), and life may kill our dreams, but when life leaves us at our lowest, we can turn to Christ.  Thank goodness we have someone to turn to :)

Well, see y’all later! I’m logging off for awhile!
Gotta go grab a little shut-eye :)
Lots of Love, 
AC




Last but CERTAINLY not least….
The Fam: unfortunately mom was the camera (wo)man and didn't make it into any of the photos




Comments

Popular Posts