Movies and Snow!

-- :) --

Bonjour!

Well I and the rest of my city have been given a forced vacation :) which i am happy to accept.  The streets have been glazed with ice(therefore shut down), and my back yard looks like one giant chocolate powdered doughnut :) It Snowed! Honestly, I am still reveling in the pure happiness that I am not going to school tomorrow.  Ok, so the only down side is that I have a ton of make up work that I ought to be doing with all of my down time. But, before I dive head in, I wanted to come talk to you guys! As I sit snuggled in my favorite blanket, I have had the chance to see a few movies! And I adore movies :) When I watch a truly great one, I like to just become the character on the screen and take and learn from the script. I sat down yesterday with my dad, and we watched the Guardian(with Ashton Kutcher)(pretty darn good I might add!). This movie is about the Coast Guard.  Just that makes the movie heart-wrenching.  Willingly, a bunch of guys learn to put their lives on the line- to make a different- to save lives. 

Fisher is in a bucket of ice.


What  can I take away from this movie?Well first off what were a few of my favorite moments: I loved when Skipper finally learns how NOT to panic, when Fisher holds his breath at the bottom of the pool forEVER,  and when he and the trainer talk about their lost crew/swim team.(I apologize if you have no idea what I'm talking about.)

Anyway:

It's about learning from the past, and improving. 
It's about doing what you can, all that you can, and letting that be enough.

It's not about the records you left in high school, because the past fades, and those yearbooks collect dust.  But if you find pride in life(Christ- the ultimate life-giver) and not in the past…. you my friend are set.  
It's about hanging on to what matters- to love.
It's about letting go.
It's about not letting go. 
It's about learning how to balance the past and the present- and how to live in the midst of it.
-balancing who you were and who you are meant to become.
and just delving into life with God always by your side

Well I feel like I have just dropped you and myself into the land of deep thought… 
So, enjoy your adventure
and make it meaningful-
so the memories are worth remembering 
          

Lots of Love
- AC



Comments

Popular Posts