Whole-hearted Devotion




In order to fill the hole, you’ve got to give the whole. 

“I believe that inherent in the human journey is the lifelong search for someone worthy of our trust. We get brave enough to throw it out there then, when the person turns out to be equally human, we withdraw and withold- and, over time, the dreamer in us starts to wither and lose hope. I don’t mean the daydreamer or the fairy chaser who refuses to get a grip on reality and grow up. I’m talking about that part of us that possesses the capacity our Creator tucked into every human soul for childlike faith. At some point a person ought to have to give up the pull-ups and quit sucking life out of a sippy cup. What Jesus talked about was childlike faith. The belief that someone out there is all he’s creaked up to be. That something exists beyond what eyes can see.” - Beth Moore

I must admit, I love pulling up an empty unsympathetic pale sheet of paper. The bare document screams at my soul unearthing truths about my life with Christ that others wouldn’t have found stirring inside of me. Anyway, it sure is good to be back!! :) 

I recently asked my friend Madi- “What is whole-hearted devotion?” She responded with a clever analogy. “Whole-hearted devotion” is like playing baseball- practicing day in and day out...

So basically, you strive for something bigger than yourself. You sweat, feel pain, rip muscle, and grow a love for baseball that glorifies the talents God gave you. 

As we strive to live a life of whole-hearted devotion, we aren’t aiming for home plate. As Christians, we are aiming for the dugout. That dugout is Heaven. The team-mates standing inside are “Bible-story” characters, and family members, and next door neighbors that already had to say good-bye to us in this lifetime. And that coach, that coach is Jesus. As he coaches us using the Holy Spirit- one day He will watch us run through that red dirt into his holy, out-stretched arms. 

And don’t you bet Jesus wanted to watch you hit a home-run before you ran home!?

Go get a home-run. Batter the seams out of every ball Satan tries to throw at you, and sprint so hard toward a God that loves you. Now, let us all go make sure he has a reason to call us faithful players! Coach is just waiting to say, “Well done my good and faithful servant.”


This life will not be satisfying until we find our complete satisfaction in Christ. Run after God, not people. Run after God, not a job. Run after God, not a college. Run after God, not a “Calling.”

I feel “called” to go to Belmont University in Nashville, and that means that I hit my knees praying day in and day out JUST to make sure that I’m living in God’s will and NOT mine. I can’t use the word “calling” as an excuse to do something radical with my life. Every life plan is radical in Christ’s eyes, and I just want to make 100% sure that I’m stepping in my particular life “calling” every single day. I gave God my WHOLE undivided heart. He responded by sending me to a totally different school this coming semester, and I can’t wait for the new approaching adventure!!


Have you given your whole, entire, uncut, undivided heart to a Savior that has chosen you for a life of greatness?… a life of drawing people closer to Him. Get on your knees and give God everything. Even if you’re already a “Christian,” let’s become disciples that actively fish for our friends and the people around us. DID YOU SAY FISHING.... "FISHING YOU WANNA GO FISHIN'????

GOD BLESS & GOOD EVENING, AC

Matthew 4:18-20 says, "While walking by the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon (who is called Peter) and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea, for they were fishermen. And he said to them, "Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." Immediately they left their nets and followed him."


Works Cited = Thank you Pinterest for your lovely picture atop this blog post, thank you Madi for your lovely analogy, and thank you Beth Moore for your lovely Bible-studies that help transform the way I think.

Comments

Popular Posts