Table for One.



Trying to sum up my first month in Nashville....

I know a picture is worth a 1,000 words, but I had more than 1,000 words...
so a simple post on Instagram or Facebook was just not going to do it for me.












Initial Observations of Nashville...

1. People eat REALLY healthy here.
2. Traffic is horrible.
3. Uber is a necessity. 
4. There isn't much of a dress code.
5. Coffee is an essential and easy to find.
6. People are REALLY friendly. 
7. As long as you make an effort, you never have to be bored.
8. Adventures lurk everywhere- not just in dinner options.
9. Confidence is an easy trait to find in people here.
10. Most people aren't born here, they come here.

Background on my story: 
I transferred from Auburn because the Lord said so. 
A lot of people have a hard time with what I just said. But, 
the Lord has a plan for my life and your life, and I take that very seriously.

Auburn was an incredible holding place for two years... but,
I am a sucker for all things music. I am sucker for new adventures. I am a sucker for a good, bold Cuban cup of coffee(I recommend the Well Coffeehouse). I am sucker for waterfalls, picnics, and galavanting around new places with new people... so Nashville was a great next step in my life journey. 

OKAY- SO NOW FOR THE GOOD PART!!!!

The MISSION for ME here in Nashville,
for YOU wherever you may be, and
for US as Christians:

For us to draw other people to Christ. To introduce people to HIS goodness

Matthew 28:19-20
(The Great Commission) 
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.

BUT how can we introduce a God we call Father, Abba, Loving Dad... if WE haven't experienced his goodness first?? If we haven't seen miracles? If we don't expect more of God?
Have the faith to ask Him for more. 
For a life of goodness that brings GLORY to HIM.

Matthew 7:21-23

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven,but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

I just finished an awesome book by Beth Moore called Audacious. She goes on to explain a lifestyle of Godly audacity much better than I could in this blog, but I pose this one statement. 

In order to DO the will of God, you need to talk to him and figure it out.

If not, you're doing to the "will" of yourself. We belittle God into this 2 hour Sunday service. We belittle God into a lyric in a song. We belittle God so much that we begin to believe a mundane life is OKAY???

I came to Nashville, because I honestly believe that it was the next step in my journey of running after the Lord. He has been so good to me, and the miracles have only begun. God has poured out his blessings on my living situation and rad host family, through the peace I feel as I sit in class and know it's exactly where I'm suppose to be, and through the pretty people I have met here.

I am still trying to decide whether I want to be the next Mother Teresa or Taylor Swift. I'm still trying to decide where on earth I will plant myself as an adult one day. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with my Music Business degree from Belmont. But I do know that God creates these beautiful plans for our lives, and that we don't expect enough from Him. 

Don't settle, and don't let the world tell you that life MUST fit inside a certain set of worldly standards. God is a rad guy. Get to know him a little bit. He absolutely LONGS to know you. He knew you before you were even born. 


Jeremiah 1:4-5
(God telling Jeremiah he was appointed as a prophet) 
The word of the Lord came to me, saying, 
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew[a] you, before you were born I set you apart;
    I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.

All my love, 
AC







Comments

Popular Posts