Christ and Kernels :)

Today's topic revolves around popcorn!!!! 
So if you start daydreaming about movie theaters 
and Christmas tree decorations... I personally apologize.
I used a LOT of scripture in this post, but please try and truck through all of it, it's JUST SO GOOD!




HI ALL!!!!
It always feels so nice to sit and blog.
You know how a cup of tea sort of feels like a warm hug... it's sort of like that.

I'm currently in a yellow tank snuggled into a yellow blanket, and it is TIME to talk about the yellowy goodness that greats me usually after three tries just TRYING to pop the perfect bag :)
But.
Instead of putting the bag in for 5 minutes resulting in black ashy bomb-corn, have you ever tried putting it in a little at a time over and over until its warm, fresh, and perfect!??



Well it dawned on me that that's how I need to look at faith. No I'm never gonna have a perfect bag of salvation and answers to go along with it, but I can't just throw my faith into the microwave and push enter!??? I have to delicately work at it- over and over and over.

 It's easy to grow discouraged as the smoke billows from the microwave...lol.... 
The Israelites grew tired and discouraged as they slaved away underneath Pharaoh's malicious command. As I pray, I can't give up. As I pray for a deeper faith and understanding of God's word, I can't give up. As I trust God with my future, I can't give up on Him and his plans for my life.

1 John 4:4 says, "...the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world." 

Proverbs 3:5-6 says, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight."


Also, I can't do it by myself. We gotta SUBMIT y'all! Your plans are not your own!
Just like YOU are the master behind the the destination of each KERNEL
CHRIST is the mastermind behind OUR destinations as well :) WOAH.
CORNy!? hehe...
If you let Him, Christ has plans for your life that currently outway ANY PLANS you can come up with on your own!

Isaiah 55:8-9 says, 
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts."



Do you think the Israelites could have dreamed up the land of milk and honey!?? Or what about the mana falling from the sky and the water pouring out of the rock... yeah I didn't think so.
Exodus 17:6 says, "I will stand there before you by the rock at Horeb. Strike the rock, and water will come out of it for the people to drink.” So Moses did this in the sight of the elders of Israel."

I WILL STAND THERE BEFORE YOU!  Wow what a promise. God has our futures tucked neatly into well... the future. All we have to do is continually trust in Him and OBEY Him- all the while constantly spending time at the feet of God... or maybe the foot of your bed ;)

Don't give up on God and press on.

Philippians 3:7-8, 13-14
But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things.
...
Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Love y'all, AC

1 John 4:10-12
10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.






Comments

Popular Posts