Escapade of Biscuits.



Hey Y'all!
Holy Moly there's nothing more refreshing than popping on to do a late night blog post :)
After an eventful two weeks with an abundance of book fee's, coffee cups, and Command Strips, Saturday rolled around with a sigh.  A nice sigh.
It was one of those sighs you experience after hopping out of the car after hours on end, or the final sigh you give after watching the Notebook, it was a good kindof relieving sigh.  
Saturday morning, I treked down three flights of stairs and found myself in a giant kitchen of possibility. This little escapade included biscuits....
They are simple to make, but after spending 20 minutes in the kitchen I walked upstairs with a pan of steaming hot biscuits to find myself locked out of the upstairs.  To my defense, the hall I reside in keeps a piece of tape on the door to keep it unlocked...but alas the tape no longer resides plastered to the lock. Safety-wise that's probably a good thing...

So imagine. There I am banging away trying to blow away the door: the three little pigs paid zero attention to the smells escaping under the doorway.  But as I paused from all the ric-rac I was making on the door, I could hear was a little vacuum humming away.
It was just happily buzzing and tee-tottering away awake as could be.
Great.
Y'all...I banged on that darn door for close to half an hour before someone finally came peeping around the corner to find me and my now lukewarm pan of biscuits.

But as I was stuck without a keycard or a cellular devise, it left me to ponder...

I bet God feels the same way.  He pounds and bangs and desperately knocks on the hearts of his children, and still they don't let Him into their lovely abodes.  His children are too busy vacuuming to even notice the sounds coming from their very door.  God is literally standing their with a salvation more satisfying that a dozen biscuits, and still His children leave Him standing there.

Psalm 46:10 says, "Be still and know that I am God, I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted among the Earth."

I have a hard time being still.  And even though I paid attention to the initial banging, sometimes I miss what God is trying to say to me.  Don't miss God's initial calling on your Life. He jealously craves to know you and I personally.

Galatians 5:25 says, "If we live in the Spirit let us also walk in the Spirit."
Hebrews 13:8 says,"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever."

 He craves to know His children- not once but always.
It's not a onetime prayer- it's a lifetime of faith.

Much love,
AC


Comments

Popular Posts