Without Glasses.

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all."
-Hellen Keller


I thought this was equally cute and ridiculous. 
thanks google.

Hey you guys! :)

Tonight as track #8 on the Of Monsters and Men soundtrack pounded perfectly into the night, I did something just a tad risky and stupid.

I tried driving without my glasses.
I mean I know they give you glasses for a reason, but I just wanted to know what it would feel like.  My head hurt, there was a full moon, and I just wanted to know what it would feel like to be a normal person that could just drive without any aid at all.

When on a big unfamiliar road, I felt these giant flutters and the need to pull my glasses back onto the tip of my nose(which I did on several occasions!) The large blurry lights and invisible concrete barriers all became too much.  Ironically, I probably looked like a crazy cat lady. But on the backroads that take me home, it wasn't very hard to drive at all.  The straight-aways, the curves, and the ways of the road were familiar to me.


When I got the giant flutters, life seemed fragile all of a sudden.  I was leaned up in my seat full force ahead in need of something more(yes my glasses).  But on a heavier note, being caught in moments unfamiliar, I find myself clinging to my Father's hand.  I think thats why I long for challenges and adventures that take me out of my comfort zone.  I long to be in communion with God.  My first semester of college was a challenge, but still I long for something more. When the road is straight and big and familiar, it's easy to let go of his hand.  But when the road is narrow and unfamiliar and scary, I need His help to navigate it. When life gets rough and hard, thank God and lean on Him.
Yes there are going to be days that are easy, but there will also be some guaranteed curve balls.  God didn't promise his followers an easy life. much the latter...


Matthew 7:13-14 (NKJV)
"13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because[a] narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

So, no I cannot advise you to drive without your glasses if you have them, 
and yes I made this a bit more dramatic for the effect of this blog,
but tonight... it was a bit easier 
to see without glasses.  


Hopefully, not that it makes it any easier, but maybe we can all have a better appreciation for the tears and struggles that leave us on our hands and knees.
As Laura Story would say(or sing), it might be a blessing in disguise. 
:)  Best of wishes on this new year
and Lots and Lots of Love :)

AC


Comments

Popular Posts