Restless Wayward Child

Restless Wayward Child aka
Competitive in Nature....
(on an side note the title is a lyric by the Oh Hello's)

There is this beautiful picture that sits atop my bookshelf.  The grey and white hues blanket the whole picture except for a 6 year old ballerina that is knelling hands on hips in perfect poise.  You can't read her mind just by looking at the picture, but I remember this segment of time all too well.

Well believe it or not I actually took ballet for about 6 whole months.  The whole reason I liked this ballet class was because dad sometimes got to pick me up after it was over, I thought I sounded sophisticated when I said the fancy french words, and when we would stretch into the Butterfly position, we would pretend to fly to far away places like Disney World and Paris(and if you know me at all you know that whether it be butterfly wings, a boat, a plane...I'm gonna make it to Paris someday!)

But.
Ben Lee Loftis, my partner in crime, my built in best friend, would always beat me to the dinner table, beat me dressing into pajamas, and therefore beat me to bed.  This sounds ridiculous, but everything, EVERYTHING was a race. And since ballet didn't get out until about 6:30, Ben would beat me.
I quit ballet to beat Ben.
There you have it.  I didn't have the nerve to tell my mom the real reason for quitting, but there you have it folks: I am a competitive person.
Sorry Mom...
It's kind of an unfortunate characteristic since I'm not the most athletic person, but alas it's a characteristic I usually just try to shove in my back pocket.

So is there any moral to the story!?
Well, "a writer is the sum of his experiences," so I'm sharing a piece of me to you.
But secondly and ultimately, I've found that college, or just life in general can be tough.  I'm not quite the statue of confidence I sometimes wish I was.  But that's just part of it.  Having that competitive card in my back pocket works its way into my hand and into my heart as I fight for everything I stand for.  As a hopeless romantic, I fight for love.  Not fickle love found on this earth, but for a Godly love, a perfect love.
And what's even better is that He fights for me!
He keeps me in his right hand and won't let go.
I'm like a little kid holding his mother's hand as they walk across the street.
Sometimes I want to let go, not of faith in its entirety, but let go for a moment to escape the laws and regulations of society and religion.  Sometimes I resist and doubt God.  But He's there holding my hand.  He's there telling me exactly what to do if only I listen.  He lets me make mistakes, for what is love without free will?  But, He's always looking out for my best interest- just like a mother looks out for her child's best interest.
And like a mother:
He already loves you.

1 John 4:19….(one of my all time faves!)

“We love because he first loved us.”

Romans 5:8
"But God demonstrates his own love towards us, in that while we were still sinners, 
Christ died for us."

What more could you ask for for Christmas? :)
Peace and Blessings
and LOTS OF LOVE FROM ME TO YOU,
AC

Psalm 90:2

“Before the mountains were brought forth, Or ever You had formed the earth and the world, Even from everlasting to everlasting. You are God.”




Comments

Popular Posts