It's SANTA!!!

It's SANTA!!!!!!
- Elf

 To help you gage the time at which I wrote this particular post: 
3:13 a.m. Christmas morning
and I am 18 years old.

I am such a kid, but literally I still get so excited for Christmas morning.
When I was little, I would lie in a ball of angst awaiting for that perfect moment when I would hopefully see new American Girl toys, Polly Pockets,  FUZZY SOCKS(this is still a thing)and some other weird stuff....

Weird stuff #1: Venus Fly Trap
Weird Stuff #2: Plastic type-writer
Weird Stuff #3: A weaving set

This year I'm just pretty pumped because of the gifts I got to give to the fam :)
Like I COULDN'T WAIT.
COULD NOT WAIT.

I am no artist. and I definitely can't paint "for real" but Mamaw's table saw some SERIOUS ACTION this past week!! I decided to get Ben a cool t-shirt this year, so no home-ade gifts for him this year, but Mom and Dad got the pleasure of receiving some rando arts and crafts from the A#1 Child. hehe

1. Mom:  We call our residence the Loftis Lodge.  It's a slogan/phrase my mother coined for our new home as of 6 years ago.  She made our house a home,
So I decorated a sleigh.... I mean wouldn't that be your first plan of action!?? LOL.
not totally finished in this picture, but you get the idea.




2. Dad: aka  "the Bird Watcher" & "the dark chocolate lover"
I combined the two! I got him dark chocolate truffles and made a nest and tree of lil' birds.
On a side note: I also bought and painted this cool rocket bird house.
As you may or may not know, my dad claims that he built the Andes Mint empire.
....Well I keep asking him when he's going to take me on a tour/visit :) :) 
So I got him a rocket.
I knew it take a figment of my imagination to get us there.



I really can't express how excited I was to give these gifts to the fam.  Not that they're the world's best gifts, but I put in a lot of work and thought into them.  But what made it special was the fact that the work and thought was put in by me.  I'm their daughter and I wanted them to know how much they mean to me. I love them. and I GOT SO EXCITED!!
But take a second to look at it from a different perspective. 
God put in a lot of work into not only making us and creating Earth, but also in coming to save us.
We screwed up and ate the dang apple because humanity will never be totally content with God.  Worldly things are tempting and sometimes we take a gigantic nasty ol'bite out of that ripe sugary goodness.
Christ was in Heaven and then He came to Earth.


Thats like going from an iPhone 10 to a bag phone.
Google "bag phone" if you don't know what that is.

He went from Heaven to a dirty stable... a manger.
I mean no offense but I wouldn't have voluntarily done that. 
Um no.

Luke 2:7
"And she(Mary) brought forth her firstborn Son, and wrapped Him in swaddling cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them(Mary and Joseph) in the inn."

But Christ did. PRASIE JESUS HALLELUJAH HE DID!!!
And that right there is what we should be truly excited about. 
 The fact that Christ came to this world as a baby allowing us a relationship with the Father and allowing us an eternity with Christ if only we turn from this world and turn to Him, if we believe in the one true God(Father(God), Son(Jesus), and the Holy Spirit), and admit that we screwed up in the first place.

So GET EXCITED: 
Tis the Christmas season of laughter and cheer, chocolate pies and green beans, and Christmas music!
AND MOST OF ALL- get excited about the fact Christ Loves us SO MUCH He came down for us... wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
Have a great day, and Merry Merry Christmas from my home (aka the Loftis Lodge!) to yours :)
lots of love
ac :)


Comments

Popular Posts