Audience of One

Hello you guys!!! 
(yes I said "you guys" on purpose ;)
I hope your summer(s) have been amazing so far! I am currently recouping in my lovely little window seat of pink :) With a giant red Michigan sweatshirt and Savannah Outen&Jake Coco serenading me in the background, I figured it was finally time for me to sit down and write about how grand these past few weeks have been.  Honestly, it was like I got to forget about reality and live in a slice of Heaven(with chocolate and whip cream oozing off the top)!! YUM.




Rocksolid:
definition: an auditioned group of singers associated with Alabama Baptist
definition (2): a special group of friends that accepts you for you/ and loves God and music with their whole hearts :)

First off, 
I want the pictures to bring you into my world for a minute(OK, maybe a little longer than a min. since this post may have turned more into a book than a blog post....)!!
Second off, 
I need you to know that I love these people and what they stand for, and that my heart literally aches because I miss them so much.(and this goes for Rocksolid&Mix)


Pitstop= coffe, doughnuts, and one amazing Momma Tiff!  I loved how crisp the air felt here! Down in AL, it feels like you are melting into the muggy air, but in Michigan, no. no. no. It's wonderfully airy and cool.  We all ended up having to buy sweat shirts at a local gas station because we were a tad bit unprepared for that part of the trip.  While we were at the camp ground, you could even see you breath!!** That was such a wonderful morning.... more about that later






Christmas in July... yes please!! :) Ya'll, I love Christmas so much anyway, and this ended up being our "surprise" for the day.  We went into Bronner's- a store that specializes in everything Christmas.  Honestly, it was one of the most bizarre surprises, but we all loved it!! It was such a fun place to goof off and take pictures! The lights were beautiful :)
Kathryn, Tiff, Moi



Say hello to my room mates for the first couple days!....
Do you see a pattern? 
bahaha, jahahah, pahaha, rahaha.... jokes :)
- I have laughed at this picture so many times.... !!!!! thanks to Abigail and Anna Morgan for each moment of light-hearted hysteria



It has honestly been a privilege to be apart of a dream that Keith Hibbs acted on around 20 years ago. He wanted to take a group of musicians and travel to secular venues therefore opening doors for a Christian witness, and lucky for us Michigan was the final destination this year!! After a couple days of good ole Shocco, we all boarded a tiny little plane that would start off a thrilling next week of endless singing, fun, and naps.  
**If you ever get board on a plane, FEAR NOT!!  Open a sky mall magazine and create ridiculous commentary with the person sitting beside you(Mr. Keith...hehehe).  I honestly laughed so. hard. on that flight!! 
Who laughs uncontrollably on planes? 
I do. 

We did not stay in one place for more than 2 days the entire trip.  It was continuously- 
Pack, Load, Unload, Unpack.... 
("ON THE ROAD AGAIN"- DONKEY, FROM SHREK)



There is one particular place I would like for you to mentally try and go with me.  We pull up into a camp filled with wooden cabins, dirt roads, and one beautiful camp ground. Would you like to know why the camp ground was especially beautiful? Toast lingered on the picnic tables waiting to be gobbled up by its eager campers(us ;).  I hate toast, but that was probably some of the best stuff I have put into my mouth in a long while :) It just makes me smile thinking back.....sigh
But anyway--- we thought we were sleeping in tents, but alas there was one big ole cabin awaiting our arrival! By the end of the second night, we had guys begging to sleep outside.... We realized the first night that the basement full of beds was surrounded by mildew galore(which is bad if you're a vocalist), so basically all the guys and all the girls slept in the upstairs room full of bunk beds and air mattresses etc. I never want to do this again. Ever. Accidentally the heat had been left on all day, and we didn't realize this till we were all in bed.  Can you say 97 degrees? Can you say miserably hilarious? No one could sleep and after Alex nearly fell out of his bunk we lost it.... and then he asked for band aids... (sorry inside joke)



Secondly, We paired with a church that had a very amazing choir.  Their choir was made up with people that were deaf, so instead of singing, they signed! They were absolutely great. We even got to perform "Shake" with them!! One man in particular, Carthon, was so animated and fun!! And when they all signed America the Beautiful.... well just get you tissues out.  


***Psalm 62:6
"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be SHAKEn."

The fourth of July was great! We performed two secular concerts that day.  Afterwards, we strolled the cute, tiny town of St. Helen, and then we all snuggled into a spot on the pier and lunged around in our big sweatshirts gazing at the gorgeous lights (and at how cute Allison and Alex are).





My favorite day, we all went one an adventure to Macinac Island!! Honestly, that was the best day to me.  We all segregated into a few groups and just enjoyed ourselves for the day.  My little group started the day by exploring the streets and learning how to skip rocks.  It was peaceful just knowing that we had the day to ourselves.  A cute red lighthouse was nestled into the skyline, and life was good :) Afterwards we went for pancakes and omelets at the Pancake House... It was SO good.  And yes Logan, I "settled" for 2%. :) hehe

 
tWo FreAkinG PeRCeNt was DELICIOUS

No Cars Allowed!

skipping rocks... &I got to Bike on a Boardwalk!!!!
"Sitting on the Dock of the Bay"- Otis Redding


 I'd love to come back here someday. :)
(and stay with you Abigail!)



We biked around and lost ourselves in the scenery.  Afterwards, we climbed up this giant set of stairs(yes I say giant bc after accidentally riding my bike in 3rd gear for like an hour and a half, the stairs seems to go on forever) to Arch Rock, and that moment was just so perfect.  The water was beautiful shades of blue and green, and the yellow flowers that dotted the sides of the hills were the perfect touch to God's beautiful painting.





Nike Art Appreciaiton. "Just do it." Need there be more reason.




Also, on this trip we ended up being in the car A WHOLE LOT.  The last day we spend 5 hours in the van due to traffic.  But seriously, we made the best of it.  We napped pretty much continuously... and since we were all so cramped, your bus buddy ended up being your pillow.  (Sorry Matt)
But story time was epic... I wish you all knew Mr. Bosarge.  His pick up lines are phenomenal(haha!), and his stories literally kept us bent over laughing.  Childhood is a just a mysterious thing, and it was histarical just taking part in a few memories that make us who we are today....
locking people out of the house, making them believe the man in your house will kill you, pooping on the floor, punching walls, you name it... we all were in need of spankings 
Also: How much wood can a Woodchuck Chuck?
....chuck chuck chuck....


Todd, Madi, & Kathryn
"Your lips are as red as the red snapper I catch on my fishing pole."
"Your skin is as soft as the sand."
- Todd







It was just a great trip of worship, fellowship, concerts, (a ton of fudge shops?), and friends.













*Where the Wind Blows*
Ok: go grab another cup of coffee, use the restroom etc. 
 take a min. before you keep reading:

for instance: one peanut butter cookie(heated of course) and one med. peach tea doctored with splenda and 4 or 5 rounds of honey for me please!!! + maybe a little Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros- Janglin??? yeah!:)


- now, keep scrolling :)












Ok:  
Welcome to Mix Music Camp!!!!
After about 5 days off, Rocksolid meets Mix Camp meets Jesus meets Shocco.

definition: a music camp for 3-10th graders
definition(2): a reunion of counselors that just really love the Lord.
definition(3): my favorite part of the summer :)


say hello to my adorable devo partner, Madi :) 
I love you.

 and my great patriotic classroom buddies... 
Kaylee, Davis, Smiley
ok Kaylee maybe this should be a single shot of just you ;)

most of the actually decent looking pictures on this blog post were taken by the one&only Andrew Swindle. I also find it very appropriate that we happened to match for this picture! haha

Jacob, Caleb, Kaylee, Moi, Abigail


This is such an amazing week of continual worship, song, music, friends, food, and fun.  We had a bunch of new timers this year, and they proved to be wonderful additions to the group.  Shaving cream wars, late night "meetings" in the dark(COUPLES: YOU MUST PARTICIPATE....L.O.L), lake floats, kids GALORE, our annual trip to Fincher's, parachute games and just BASIC chatter...


Zac: it busted... (come to think of it the wall probably almost did 
due to your superhuman spider punches)
Chase: what the bump, Madi+you= perfect, 
and yes I button my blue jean shirts up to the top just because I can.
Davis: slidshow= "D8", "D8", "D8"; enough AC to go around... bahaha
Seth: Broadway needs you, and your original needs me ;)
Madi: askdjfipweijriamsdkfj
Kaylee: Coffee- learn to love it :)
Dray: BASIC WHITE GIRL... hahaaha
Alex(bae): there are WAY TOO MANY Algan pictures on my phone :)haha! cute.
Alex:skittles come in a red bag not glass jars
moashwat: do you have to go ALL THE WAY BACK TO SA, hoedown throw-down
Anna Morgan: (I am virtually imitating you.. hahaha)
MK: work it. you dancing self+ that body suit and fro...
Tiff: centipede #28 #29 #30...#22309489
Maegan: please come back into my life.. you, your road rage, and your cheese puffs :)
Brooke: I'm glad you survived the interstate :) 
Logan: Can "Sunday Morning" be every morning???? your falsetto and your runs melt my soul
Andrew: the boy who cried woof.... no, the boy who cried spider
Abigail: honestly all I can hear in my head is your great laugh... :)
Lauren: your laugh.... bahahahahahahaha
James/Cody: the Shoccapellos could make it because of you guys
Jacob: James, Jacob, James, Jacob.... def Jacob... and your wonderful Jacob self
Collin: please take a moment to make a smiley face in your food in remembrance of me
Nelson: I am peering at you virtually with my HandMade binoculars :)... and I'm probably laughing
Gabe: black hole.... of love for Momma Tiff :) :) :)







One Big Happy Family:
Seth, Zac, Allison, Moi


So much love that this picture even needed red tints to it? :)
Dray, Moi, Madi, Lauren


Mr. Baggley and friends.... 
Zac, Chase, Andrew
(and I'm SO sorry this is SO grainy, Madi (haha)
#backoffmytechnoswag


I spy a green blob, Me, and You

What the bump, Zac??

BAND MEMBERS:
Never in my life have I met more talented amateurs. 
The musical IQ of this group is "Soarin' Flyin', theres not a star in Heaven that we can't reach..."

Seth. 
stop being perfect. stop it.
well strike that...don't stop writing originals!

Cody. 
 Just keep that long black train a'commin'

Logan.  
It's like God forgot to turn the water faucet of talent off 
when He finished washing his hands.

Abigail. 
I hope to see you leading worship at Passion one day.


Shocco Singers :) Drayton, Madi, and I
you both are beautiful and wonderful
"basic white girls" (haha)

My favorite part of Shocco is worship team practice.  I LOVE IT. I LOVE THESE PEOPLE. I LOVE JUST STANDING BARE-FOOT ON THE MUSTY GREEN CARPET.  EVERYTHING.  Learning to play off each other, and just piecing each song together is like waiting for a firework to go off.  I have never met such God-fearing worshipers.  They are not there to be seen or heard.  They understand what it means to truly worship- to sing a joyful noise to Lord, God, Almighty, our audience of one. And even though it is still a process for all of us, I am glad I got to be apart of the musical journey of mixed up mics, forgotten focus, and falsetto goodness.  Sometimes I loose sight of why I'm up on stage, but I thank Christ for bringing me utterly to tears because of the resilient hope found in Him alone.





Finding Nemo: 
Resilient Hope- What does that even mean??
go with me for a minute!
Its like how Nemo's dad, Marlin,  searches for his son- how he won't let the oceans separate him and his "prodigal" son :)
We are Nemo, and God is looking and searching for you.
He already loves you, and He longs for your heart and your willingness to be a disciple of His.

1 Peter 1:8
"Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory..."


Matthew 28: 19-20
"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."


Just like those incredibly salty fried pickles at Fincher's, we must be the flavor, the salt of the Earth, Change someone's view of Christianity because of your authenticity in Chirst. 
We are suppose to look a little different. 
(No more #basic :)
and Why do we look a little different???
because-
We aren't performing for the world; 
we are performing for an 
audience 
of 
one.

Lots of Love,
AC... aka Smiley ;)


















Comments

Popular Posts