The Blessed Unrest

Hey you guys! Hope you've had a great week so far! 

 I HAD A VISITOR AT GRANDMA'S TABLE!
This weekend one of my best friends- Tori- came over to scrapbook for a senior memory book project. To start the weekend off, we went to Target and Michael's to pick up some fresh, new supplies.  I don't know about you, but I love the feeling of opening up something new… for the first time!  Finally after scrounging around for stickers, paper, binders, etc. we were all set(the bare basics for beginners :)! I'm not entirely sure what most people do at their own craft tables, but I am here to tell you that I had the best time with Tor! Sarah Bareilles serenaded us as we listened to her new album - The Blessed Unrest- (it was only 7 bucks, and I totally recommend it!), and away we went with the crafting!  Hearts, glitter, and random paper clippings started piling up, and before you knew it we had made such a beautiful disaster…. there was method to the madness, and it really felt like we had accomplished something!…. We ended up spending 10 hours together trying to put these books together… it took forever and I enjoyed every minute of it.  Crafting must be a means of therapy I think.  You can put away the school books and trade them for creative hands and ideas that scream out in expression of oneself.  How fantastic!!  We are all puzzles, each quality and idea is unique with its own edges and curves, but they all assemble and piece together to make the most beautiful picture- YOU!  So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I love picking up, picking out, and creating my own pieces!


Grandma's Table- featuring Tori!

But apart from the fun crafting time I had, honestly I have felt so run down and exhausted.  I never feel completely rested.  Instead of walking and running the race, I feel like I'm wading through it.  It's like 10 times harder to walk through a pool opposed to dry land.- ok probably not 10 times, but you get my drift.  They say that senior year is incredibly busy- You don't quite understand that until you became a senior…. at least I didn't.  Anyway, the other day I was just kinda pondering over the first couple verses of Psalm 23(literally one of my favorites!!)

Here's the first few verses thanks to Bible Gateway: Psalm 23: 1-3, and as I was looking at verse 2, I couldn't figure it out…. Did God mean this literally or did he just mean we find rest in Him?


1. The Lord is my shepherd;

I shall not want.
2. He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
3. He restores my soul;


He leads me in the paths of righteousness

For His name’s sake


I actually stopped twice, and I snapped this one at my first stop!

Yesterday, I was driving home right as the sun was setting. I just couldn't miss it! I found the perfect spot(in view of a little pond) on one of our winding country roads, parked my car, and watching the beautiful red sun slip out of view.  The sun left behind a charming pink sky blushing from the beautiful performance it just gave.  Rest is found in our Creator God(Oh! by the way- Happy Earth Day!).  Not that stress/anxiety etc. is Godly, but I am thankful for the "stressful time" (Blessed Unrest!) I have had these past few weeks, because it forced me to draw my eyes, heart, and mind upward.  God is the only one worth clinging to- the only One who offers true rest and true joy.  And it dawned on me as I got home, not only had I found rest in Him, but He had actually lead me to green pastures and still water…. ;)

Lots of Love, 
AC



Comments

Popular Posts