Neverland

Spring Break: Disney World
Senior Year: 2014
age: 18

*Last night at Disney.



As I was looking into the fire works that adorned Cinderella's Castle, it suddenly hit me that this little celebration actually had more meaning behind it besides just that "Dreams Really Do Come True".
It was as though it was a going away celebration in a way.  Good Bye Childhood.  Hello Adulthood.  This really scares me, and I have decided that I am not ready for this "Adulthood." I am only 18, but the world sees you a little bit differently when you have the title of Adult hooked into the meaning of your age and name. 

Anna Claire Loftis, age 18, technically an adult….

 But as I was in Disney I realized something, I don't always want to be a kid(even though in some ways that would be great) but I want to hang onto a few ideals that still make up a kid. A few ideals that hang out in Neverland.

My eyes… :) I am on a bike that doesn't move.

1) I want to hang onto the childlike excitement I have forever and always.  I remember waking up Christmas morning as a kid lingering in the hall just WAITING for the perfect moment to run into the den to claim each and every present Santa had laid at the bottom of my tree.  Yes I'm 18, and things are a little bit different now, but I want to always see life through those excited eyes.  



2) I want to forever be like the characters in UP(the movie).  This is literally one of the best animated films! I love the sense of adventure that Carl and his wife had! I love that Russell went along for the ride with a scrumptious desire to explore the unknown!(whoa now- I am getting intense here.)  It. is. great. I just want life to be one giant adventure! Kids make A BIG DEAL out of life, and life should be a big deal.  The adventures themselves can be small. (ex. going to grocery store, even doing the dishes, writing a blog!?!) I don't expect to set my house afloat with a bunch of balloons or climb mountains every day of my life.  But, trying something new, seeing something mundane in a new light and laughing along the way = perfection!


I obviously found this thanks to the worldwide web.  I searched: feeding the bushes and found this picture.  It has nothing to do with this blog post….. but I needed a picture for point 3


3) And last but certainly! not least, I want to hang onto the creativity that is encouraged as a kid.  *Random Side Note: When I was little, I would go among these sticker bushes I had in my back yard and pretend they were animals in my very own zoo.  So Basicalllly... I want to live in creativity knowing that I'll never be a boring adult.

Get Up. Go to Work. Go to Bed.
Get Up. Go to Work. Go to Bed.
Get Up. Go to Work. Go to Bed.

no. no. NO!

New day!
New day!
New DAY!

:)

And as I wake up to each New day, I want to try and purposely hang onto a child-like faith.  The kind of faith that has no doubt.  The kind of faith that doesn't let the world get in the way of what is true, right, and pure.


I surely don't consider myself an adult yet, but as the years continue to count and build up, up, and away(oh wow did you catch the reference… :), I hope that somehow I can cling to my Neverland- 
to excitement, adventure, and creativity!!
And if you so desire, I hope you cling to yours as well.
Lots of love, lot of pixy dust, and lots of best wishes as the school year starts to dwindle down,
AC

Up, Up, and Away!





Comments

Popular Posts